Thriving – not just surviving the Holidays!
Part 1- Shopping!
When going to the Mall:
- Dress Comfortably
- Remember your Program meal replacements
- Don’t go hungry
- Stay Hydrated! Bring a bottled water
- Pack some Pep with the Calorie Burn Infusers and/or Antioxidant Infusers
- Bring along sugar-free chewing gum, cut up celery sticks or another snack option.
- Keep your mouth busy and chew away frustration without hindering your weight loss efforts.
- Wear a pedometer and keep track of your steps
- Exercise while waiting in line. Ex: Calf raises (I’d love to know those of you that take me up on this 🙂
- Mall food courts can have healthy options, but the question is… WHAT food should you choose?
- Go Green (as in Lean and Green): Follow the parameters of the Lean and Green meal as closely as possible by focusing on grilled, broiled, baked or steamed protein and non-starchy vegetables. Condiments: Choose lower calorie options such as: Yellow mustard (1 tablespoon or 3 packets = 1 condiment option and) contains just 9 calories and 1 gram carbohydrate. Avoid those that are piled high with high fat meats and cheeses or that have a lot of extras such as croutons, crispy noodles, and/or high calorie dressings.
- Drink plenty of water as well as other zero-calorie beverages (such as diet soda, or unsweetened iced tea).
- Just say “no thank you.” Avoid the food court.
Remember, that weight loss is a journey. If you slip up with an occasional treat, this will not ruin your chances of long term weight-management success. Keep a positive attitude, this goes a long way. Develop a plan, write down your feelings, goals and your barriers. Read it from time to time. This may be just what you need to get you through the season.