5 Weight Loss Strategies to be Successful in 2013!
Probably the most important thing in any New Year’s Resolution is having your head into the decision. If that is not a factor you are probably destined for failure or at least the dreaded Yo-Yo.
- Know Your Current Reality In order to make a journey anywhere it is important to know where you are. Know as much as you can. Getting a body composition test is a VERY good idea. There is no guess work here – no one telling you that you are in better shape than you think – or worse. It is truth – maybe a truth that hurts but so much the better as we sometimes need that strong dose of reality to really go forward and ignore the “oh I am not that bad” excuse running around in our head that just will derail the process.
- Map out Where you are going and WHY Having a strong desire is the biggest weapon in your arsenal! What EXACTLY is that desire? Where is it that you want to be next year? Next month? Mountain climbing? Playing with grandchildren on the floor? Going upstairs without losing your breath? Skinny jeans? The dream in only important in that it is important to YOU. No one can tell you what you want but you – so look deep within. What is it? No medications? Size 4? Find that WHY and you have a fortitude in you!
- Have a PLAN Having a plan is so important – or things will change as you go and nothing will be firm. You will not learn new habits if you do not plan. As a Health Coach I help people construct plans for their healthy future all of the time. Having a plan is important. It is also important that this plan works and that it promotes healthy weight loss not just weight loss.
- Have a COACH Studies have proved that people who use a Health Coach have an 80% chance of meeting that goal and 60% better chance of keeping the weight off! Why risk all of this determination and grit when you could partner with someone who will help you to meet your goals celebrating with you your accomplishments? A knowledgeable Health Coach is a must.
- Be Ready to Upgrade your Plan When you get close to your goal – reevaluate! If you stop short of ultimate health you will be dissatisfied with your results. Some of my clients reach their goals in several weeks, some in several months and still others as much as a year or two. I have a client right now who began his journey at about 500 lbs and now after a year is over 200 lbs lighter! Has he arrived? NO but he is on his way and does not want to stop until he is healthy! His doctor is ecstatic! And so are all who love him.
So as you can see my plan does not directly involve food – it involves your head. How you think will make the difference between success and failure! Join me and let’s succeed!